Terms and Conditions
Hillside Cottage, Trethias, Treyarnon Bay, Near Padstow, Cornwall, PL28 8PL
First of all I would like to talk to every guest who is interested in booking a holiday at Hillside, check your needs and establish availability of the house. My telephone number is 07775 578729.
When you are happy I will ask you to confirm your reservation by providing a Booking Deposit and completing the Booking Form.
40% of the holiday rental price to be paid by either of the following methods:
- Cheque to Mrs K J Goodall and sent to Somerled, Romsey Road, East Wellow, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 6BG
- Paypal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank transfer to Mrs K J Goodall,
Account number: 30715190
Sort Code: 20-79-25
With the reference as follows: the first five letters of your surname and day and month of your booking, e.g. smith24/07
This is due six weeks before the start of your holiday and it is your responsibility to send this to me (see above options) to ensure that your booking is not cancelled.
At the same time your security Deposit needs to be paid.
The standard minimum amount is £250 and is taken against any accidental damage that may occur whilst you are on holiday. This will be repaid to you by bank transfer shortly after the end of your holiday minus any costs of breakages or damage.
Cancellation of your holiday
If your situation changes and you must cancel the booking we will try and make it as painless as possible. If we can rebook the dates then we will refund your deposit less an admin fee.
We require all cancellations to be in writing by means of email or by a letter sent to our postal address which can be found on our websites ‘contact us’ page.
If the booking is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the ‘Check in’ date, the full price of the holiday will be forfeit.
However if it is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the ‘Check in’ date, only the Deposit will be forfeit.
We encourage all guests to purchase travel insurance.
Arrival at the house
The house will be ready for you at 4pm on the first day and you must be ready to leave before 10am on your day of departure.
The key will be made available either through our agent or in secure keybox.
How you should leave the property
Cleaning is included in your property rental. Please leave the house as you have found it, return furniture to original position, do washing up (dishwasher can be left full but clean) and dispose of rubbish sensibly , please put dustbins out on day of collection (stated in property folder).
Any extra cleaning costs due to spoilage of soft furnishings or carpets etc. will be taken from your security deposit.
Linen and towels
All your linen and house towels are provided, and will be replenished at the end of each week.
One dog is very welcome at Hillside. We ask that you take special care to ensure that your pet does not cause damage or become distressed whilst on holiday. We also ask that you clean up their mess in the garden. If you wish to bring more that one dog please call us to discuss before you make you booking.
Short Term Rental Agreement
The Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made between
Katharine Goodall (“Property owner”) and
Guest or party leader (‘Tenant”)
The Agreement is made as of the date on the booking form. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- The Property. The property is located at: Hillside, Trethias, Treyarnon Bay, Near Padstow, Cornwall, PL28 8PL
- Maximum occupancy: the maximum number of guests is limited to 8 persons unless otherwise agreed by the 'Property owner'.
- Terms of the Lease: the lease begins at 4.00pm on (the ‘Check in’ date on the booking form) and finishes at 10.00am on (the ‘Check out’ date on the booking form).
- The ‘Tenant’ agrees to abide by the following Rental Rules at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else that the ‘Tenant’ permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times whilst at the property:
- Rental Rules
- Smoking is NOT allowed in the property.
- People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the ‘Tenant’
- The house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs whilst on the premises or its facilities. The ‘Property owners’ are not responsible for the personal belongings or valuables of the ‘Tenant’ or Guests. By accepting this reservation it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
- Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. We do not permit towels and linen to be taken from the premises of the house.
- Pets: One dog is very welcome at Hillside. However, if it dirties or damages the property in any way the cost of cleaning will be debited to the Security Deposit.
- Cars: No more than three cars are allowed to be parked at Hillside.
- Access: the ‘Tenant’ shall allow the ‘Property owner’ or appointed agent to access the property for purposes of repair and inspection. The ‘Property owner’ shall exercise this right in a reasonable manner.
- Not to create a nuisance to neighbouring properties.
- To declare and pay for any damage caused to the property and its contents.